Garlic Sardine Pasta
SERVINGS: 3 people
COOKING TIME: 20 mins
- 1 bottle of HI FRED SPANISH SARDINES Chunky Classic (220g)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 20g of basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 300g grams Spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- In a pot, put some water, pinch of salt and wait for it to boil. When it’s boiling, put the spaghetti and cook for 10-15 mins. Once spaghetti is cooked, drain the water and set the spaghetti aside.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon sardine oil with breadcrumbs.
- Pour the rest of the oil into a pan and heat over medium heat. Gently coat sardines in breadcrumbs then fry lightly, just until breadcrumbs are crisp; set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic until lightly browned. Add 4 chopped basil leaves then add water. Toss in noodles and mix until well coated. Season with salt and pepper. Add remaining fresh basil; toss to combine.